“Sleep Matters – 2010” was held at the Queens Medical Center Conference Center
- in Honolulu, Hawaii on March 6, 2010.
Thank you and aloha, Sleep Techs and Physicians, for another successful NAPST Meeting that was held in Honolulu on Saturday, Marc 6, 2010. Alon Avidan, MD, MPH, Director of the Ronald Reagan UCLA Department of Neurology Program, Slee Disorders Center, and Sleep Disorders Laboratory opened the program with “Sleep and the General Practictitioner”. This was intriguing, including multimedia case presentations. Other presentations included:
- Sleep and the General Practitioner Alon Avidan, M.D., MPH, D.ABSM
- Complex Nocturnal Behaviors Alon Avidan, M.D., MPH, D.ABSM
- Polysomnographic Reports: What do these numbers mean? Glenn Roldan, RPSGT
- Advanced Algorithm Treatment for Complicated Breathing Disorders David Troxell, BS, RPSGT, CRT
- Vendor Presentations
- Testing Your Scoring Knowledge Glenn Roldan, RPSGT
- The Future of Sleep Medicine Carol Yoshimura, RRT, RPSGT/Group Forum/Audience Participation
Sleep Technologists discussed Senate Bill SB2600, a 2010 bill to license Respiratory Therapists. There is language in this bill that may limit non-respiratory therapists from working in a sleep laboratory. All Hawaii sleep technologists are strongly encouraged to stay vigilant in monitoring the progress of this bill and to write to their legislators to stop this bill as it is currently written.